Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hola, everyone. I have been MIA on my blog for the last few weeks.  It's been crazy fun with the family and all the activities going on in our crazy household, but now it's time for me to take a few minutes and show you a project I finished this weekend.  I found a similar project
on Pinterest and thought: How cute is that?  I couldn't find a tutorial but I will tell you, all you really need is a frame, some broadcloth or cotton white fabric.  I used a second layer behind the embroidered layer so that it wouldn't be sheer.  Just secure the fabric to the back of your frame with staples or adhesive of your choice when you are finished. I traced each family member's arm and hand onto copy paper, then I cut them out, and traced them onto the fabric using a fabric pencil.   I used a simple chain embroidery stitch to trace each family members hand and forearm in their favorite color of embroidery floss.  I wanted it to look a bit like a tree, that is the reason I traced part of our arms.  After you use the fabric pencil lines on your fabric to embroider, just use a damp wash cloth to remove the pencil lines.  You can include the year, which is free-handed and you could even include your family name along the top. 

I hope this inspires someone.  I will chat with you soon. C

No comments:

Post a Comment